Woo Hoo!!! I figured out my password and signin name finally!..lol
well lets see, lots going on in our lives right now; spent a week in Southern Alberta at DH's family's farm/homestead for his family reunion. Over 100 people attended and it was extra special as they celebrated his Grandmothers' 90th birthday which she had in April. Was a crazy week for me though as I tried to chase two 2 year olds while camping and trying to feed us. The meals there are rather sporadic and that is hard for both me and the kids. Anyway, we all survived and I think it would be ok if Shane was more help. I do understand him wanting to see his family as much as he could but it made the week really long for me.
And now I get my break :) at the beginning of August I am off to Portland OR to an internet ponding reunion for 3 days. I'm flying down so that I can spend as much time as I can with my friends hanging out at her pond and seeing all the Portland and area have to offer. Really looking forward to that although 2 of my closest friends from this group are unable to join this year so tha'ts disappointing.
And then at the end of August I am going with a friend to a scrapbooking weekend in Whistler. Really looking forward to that one! i plan to do a bit of hiking and wondering through the village too so that I'm nice and refreshed to continue on :)
On the homefront, I have been working a lot in the garden digging out 3 years of neglect and planting a bunch of shrubs and grasses. The front main garden is almost done, hopefully by tomorrow mornign when MIL arrives to visit with the kids I can get out there. The side garden really does require a back hoe :( But as I don't have one of those handy I will have to dig it out by hand. It's about 20 feet by 4 feet long so going to be a project. The plan there is to just plant some cedars to make a low hedge. Nothing exciting although I may plant some annuals until the hedge grows up.
Anyway, tha'ts some of the highlights....
well lets see, lots going on in our lives right now; spent a week in Southern Alberta at DH's family's farm/homestead for his family reunion. Over 100 people attended and it was extra special as they celebrated his Grandmothers' 90th birthday which she had in April. Was a crazy week for me though as I tried to chase two 2 year olds while camping and trying to feed us. The meals there are rather sporadic and that is hard for both me and the kids. Anyway, we all survived and I think it would be ok if Shane was more help. I do understand him wanting to see his family as much as he could but it made the week really long for me.
And now I get my break :) at the beginning of August I am off to Portland OR to an internet ponding reunion for 3 days. I'm flying down so that I can spend as much time as I can with my friends hanging out at her pond and seeing all the Portland and area have to offer. Really looking forward to that although 2 of my closest friends from this group are unable to join this year so tha'ts disappointing.
And then at the end of August I am going with a friend to a scrapbooking weekend in Whistler. Really looking forward to that one! i plan to do a bit of hiking and wondering through the village too so that I'm nice and refreshed to continue on :)
On the homefront, I have been working a lot in the garden digging out 3 years of neglect and planting a bunch of shrubs and grasses. The front main garden is almost done, hopefully by tomorrow mornign when MIL arrives to visit with the kids I can get out there. The side garden really does require a back hoe :( But as I don't have one of those handy I will have to dig it out by hand. It's about 20 feet by 4 feet long so going to be a project. The plan there is to just plant some cedars to make a low hedge. Nothing exciting although I may plant some annuals until the hedge grows up.
Anyway, tha'ts some of the highlights....

1 Comments:
wooohoooo you updated your blog. tooo funny that you couldn't remember your password. sounds like you have a lot of work ahead of you with the gardening. i need to do that to but there is a stump in my way LOL. glad to see you blogging again :)
Post a Comment
<< Home